What I'm Writing Wednesday - Changing Nature

Because Elizabeth Hunter is a genius who writes great books, and she borrowed this fantastic idea from Colleen Vanderlinden's blog, I'm going to do the same.

So, today is What I'm Writing Wednesday and I'm in the middle - literally the middle - of Changing Nature. I found this photo of sword fighting champion, Samantha Mott, and she has very definitely inspired my lead historical character.




     I looked away to find Jehanne watching me with open hostility. “What’s your problem?” It didn’t matter that she didn’t speak English, she knew from my tone what I’d just said.

     She spat on the ground and said something in French that made Connor scoff as he translated.

     “She said they burn women like you.”

     “She’s the one who has visions and I’m the witch?”

     Connor stifled a laugh and Jehanne spoke again.

     His mouth tightened into a grim line at her words, but he didn’t automatically translate for me. She just watched me with glittering eyes.

     “What? What did she say?”

     He finally answered. “Any woman who mates with a devil and consorts with a Wolf deserves to burn.”

If I stay on track with the writing, and nothing unexpected or crazy happens with my editor's schedule, I intend to publish Changing Nature by the end of January, 2015. 

Popular posts from this blog

IngramSpark vs. Createspace

I Read Banned Books

A Human Queen - Conflicted Feelings About Elizabeth II